Cryonite’s Service Guidelines for Stored Product Pests in Food Processing/Packaging/Storage
Stored product pests that infest dried food goods — raw, processed and packaged, being small insects, are highly susceptible to being killed using Cryonite freezing technology. Successful control of these pests is multi-faceted and includes the following:
- Identification of infested food products or other sources (e.g., spilled grains or foods).
- Treatment, removal, or disposal of infested food products.
- Sanitation (e.g., vacuuming) to clean up spilled grains or foods.
- Application of Cryonite to surfaces and cracks where these insects are known or suspected.
- Application of crack & crevice and spot treatments with insecticides, where possible/necessary.
Food-infesting beetles and moths are the most problematic pests in grain processing, baking, food processing, tobacco, and pet food manufacturing facilities. Any building where dried, plant-based foods are housed, milled, processed, cooked, and/or packaged will experience issues with varying beetle/moth species on an infrequent to regular basis.
Download our step-by-step guide on controlling product pests with Cryonite.