When you own an apartment, you can expect there to be obstacles. However, one thing everyone can agree on is apartment pest control. Nobody is ok with having an infestation of cockroaches, bed bugs or any other type of pest. Taking action against pest infestations is necessary.
These are the types of posts that are typically found in apartment buildings and the problems they can cause:
- Ants: contaminate food and damage wood.
- Flies: can spread diseases like salmonella and e. coli
- Moths: spoil your food
- Cockroaches: cause allergy and asthma symptoms
- Fleas: dangerous for pets because of their bites
- Bed bugs: spread quickly and cause itchy, irritating rashes
- Crickets: loud chirping and multiply quickly
- Spiders: some are poisonous and some leave itchy bumps
- Termites: cause damage to the building structure by eating tiny holes in the wood
- Silverfish: they ruin books by eating the glue that binds them together
These pests are ruining the structural integrity of the building and therefore, are destroying your investment. Whether you want to fix up the apartment for the tenants or for selling potential, there are several benefits of eliminating pests from the apartment building.
One major reason to take care of the pests in the building is simple — building maintenance. Pests are pests because of the damage they do. The types of bugs that typically become a problem in some apartment buildings are quite damaging to the structure. Termites, for example, are capable of eating the building from the inside out. That can’t continue to happen.
Building maintenance doesn’t stop at repairs. It encompasses the health and quality of life of the people who live there.
If you ever intend to sell the building, property value is something you have to consider. No one will want to pay good money for a building that’s overrun with bugs and falling apart. Taking care of the situation now can benefit you greatly in the future. It will likely save you from costly repairs that are only getting more expensive as time goes on due to the damage being done by these insects.
The Type of Tenants
A building will attract certain types of people. If it looks like no one cares about the building, it may attract people who don’t care about the building. Similarly, you won’t get an ideal offer it the building isn’t up to a high enough standard.
Making the building a nice place to live, which includes eliminating pests, will increase the value of your investment, the experience of those who live there and what you can expect to get, financially, in return.
Apartment Pest Control Options
You have the option to exterminate the infestation yourself with chemicals but this is not your best option for the following reasons:
- Chemicals are toxic to human and pets
- You can’t use chemicals on all surfaces and materials
- It would leave behind a chemical residue
- Shouldn’t be used in the kitchen
- Can’t be used in sensitive rooms that hold children or sick people
When faced with a pest infestation, many people turn to professionals for help. However, there are downsides to hiring a professional:
- It can be expensive
- You can’t ensure professionalism
- They may not do a thorough enough job
- They use poisons that can harm pets and children
- You may have to use different methods for multiple infestations.
The Best Solution
Fortunately, there is a better solution. Whether you have one type of pest or more, there’s one product that can eliminate all of your pest problems: Cryonite.
Cryonite has been proven to work on a wide range of pests:
- Flour beetles
- Saw-toothed grain beetle
- Poultry mites
- Indian meal moths
- Bed bugs
- House crickets
What You’re Getting
Cryonite is non-toxic and uses -110 °F (-79 °C) liquid carbon dioxide to kill pests on contact. The kit comes with:
- Safety glasses
- Training DVD
- High-pressure hose
- Trolley (optional)
This is how to use it:
- Do an inspection of your apartment and find out where the pests are hiding out.
- Vacuum your floor as a preliminary measure for removing pests.
- Spray Cryonite wherever pests are.
- Pay attention to the results to make sure a couple didn’t get away and start breeding.
- Reapply as necessary.
Benefits of Using Cryonite
You spray the pests with the liquid CO2, and they die instantly. There are some great benefits of using cryonite:
DIY: You don’t need a license so you don’t require a professional; you can do it yourself. No need to book appointments. You can start the extermination process as soon as you want and you can use it on all surfaces except:
- Light bulbs
- Smoke/carbon monoxide detectors
- Fire suppression systems
- Some memory foam mattresses/pillows
- Some thin materials
If you’re not sure how it will affect an item/surface, you can do a spot test prior to treatment by applying cryonite to a small area and monitoring the effects.
Environmentally-Friendly: It uses carbon dioxide that’s been recycled from industrial processes. The carbon dioxide doesn’t trigger allergies and has no negative effect on the environment.
Safe: Since cryonite doesn’t use chemicals, it’s safe to use around pets and children. You can even use it in sensitive rooms, such as patient rooms, pet stores and schools. It’s also used where it isn’t practical to use chemicals such as in the kitchen or on electronics (unplug first).
Cryonite is the best and safest choice for managing your pest infestation. By taking a more environmentally-friendly approach, you’re making the space safer for everyone as well as the environment. This will continue to help with any pest problem that should start to arise in the future since you’ll be able to treat it before the problem becomes severe.